E-Mail Mike at: dahorseyourodeinon@yahoo.com

Sunday, February 12, 2012

INDECENT DESIRES/MY BROTHER'S WIFE

Doris Wishman once said in an interview, when asked about the movies she’d made, “I’m probably going to hell for this”.  At that time I was most familiar with Doris through the films she’d done with Chesty Morgan (“Double Agent 73” and “Deadly Weapons”) and one other, with Sammy Petrillo (“Keyholes Are For Peeping”).  I don’t know if Doris wound up in the fiery pit or not when she shuffled off this mortal coil some years back, but if so, perhaps at least SOME of her movies should have gone with her.

I confess that I have not seen INDECENT DESIRES or MY BROTHER’S WIFE yet because Doris had an annoying habit of not having the camera on the person who was doing the talking.  A little of that went a long way.  However, when I ran across this double feature I couldn’t pass it up.   Mostly because it was 10 bucks - as opposed to the 25 bucks I’d seen it for before. 

I suppose no one who claims to like drive-in films should dismiss the massive contributions of Doris Wishman to the genre; it’s certainly not my intention to do so here.  The last thing one of Doris’s movies makes me, though, is horny.  She failed to connect with me if her goal was to give everyone in the mail audience a throbbing boner.  I suppose that for history’s sake, I will need to plow through these movies at some point.

The one Doris film I really AM curious about is LET ME DIE A WOMAN.  I understand that this is her paean to GLEN OR GLENDA.  Anyone seen LET ME DIE A WOMAN?

No comments:

Post a Comment